Wednesday 9 January 2013

The Santa Cruz Fiasco

 “Sarah. Sarah.” where was she “Sarah.” I am at the santa cruz beach boardwalk on a hot summer day, with my friends. “Riley, we’ve been searching for hours, we're never gonna find her!" ”“Oh yes we will Hailey, we have to.” now we have lost a person, I always lose stuff. My friend Sarah was very hard to spot because she was small (smaller than me). She had dark brown hair about to her shoulders. “I wish we had lost you Riley, you’d be easier to find.” Yah” My friend Riley was tall and had flowing almost iridescent hair. “Do you think we should go on another ride for a break?” “Sure Riley” “Lets go on the big dipper” “Okay” we went to the big dipper, and as usual it had an enormous line. It seemed to take forever! we got on the ride, and tried to have a conversation: “Riiiiiiiley, i feel bad not having Sarah here.” “Meeeeeee too. But we don’tttttt, so just enjoy the rideeeeee.” So we did just enjoy the ride(all the extended letters were for when there was a drop in ride or something.) Luckily we had went to a photo booth and had gotten pictures, so we used the picture that you could see her in. “Have you seen this girl?” “Excuse me sir, have you seen this girl?” “NO” We went on another ride because we'd spent most of our time worrying about Sarah. We went on one of those haunted house rides and I swear I saw sarah. “Hey Riley, we should of went on a ride that Sarah would have liked, so we might see her.” “Yeah you're right, but I think that sarah likes scarrrrrry rides” Riley said sarcastically. We were about to give up because we knew that no matter what that she would find the leaders if we didn't find her. We were at the dippin dots stand, ”I’ll have cookie dough ,and she’ll have mint chip” “here you go” “Have you seen this girl?” i said “Yes, she ordered a while ago and sat on that bench waiting” “For her fiends or something, if I were her I would not like those friends after they ditched me” “She thinks ‘her friends ditched her? Well then all right” “Sarah? Oh my god it is you! where have you been, you said you’d wait for us outside-” “No I did not, I said i’d wait at the dippin dots stand dummies! But, you were too busy to listen.” “you told the dippin dots stand person that we ditched you, really?”me and riley said together “Sorry guys I Thought you ditched” “I know , we're not mad at you.” “we should get going, to meet up with the camp leaders” I said so we meet up with the leaders and went back to camp ,and went swimming (I love swimming!!!). then we went home. The next day, this is what was being said: “yesterday I got lost!!!!, thanks to Riley and Hailey.” “No we did not lose you, you did not tell us where to find you” “whatever” So after that we started laughing hysterically and had a great summer, and I didn't lose another person since, accept myself, but that is another story to to tell, and that is for another time.

4 comments:

  1. It is a good story! when you said that sarah was shorter than you it doesnt help describe because we dont know how tall you are. also i like how there is a lot of dialogue, but try to include how you felt throughout the story and remember your senses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you used a lot of dialogue, and it's a really good story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the story, you are lucky that you found your friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing you found Riley in the end. Nice dialogue.

    ReplyDelete